It may or may not come to you as a surprise that lingerie is one of the most expensive garments a woman can own. As tricky as it is to find the right lingerie, it can be equally daunting to maintain its shape and quality for a long time. In this blog, we are going to list down a few fail-safe tips to guide you on how to care for them in a way that promotes longevity.
There is a long list of factors that wear our lingerie out. There is the wearing stress on the garment, how often we wear it and how often we wash it. Even the quality of the materials we select to make the garment, affects how long it is going to last.
We spend so much time on these pieces! Carefully handing picking the one out of millions available offline and online that makes us feel like the confident divas we are. It is only fair that we show them the best possible care. You will notice that from the wear factors we talked about, we actually control most of them!
We will start by addressing these factors so that you can continue wearing these beautiful pieces without making a painful dent in your wallet.
- Avoid using a laundry machine to wash them:
I know you don’t want to hear this! But it’s highly recommended that you hand wash your delicate garments instead of lugging them with the rest of your clothes in a washing machine.
Coming to the proper hand-washing technique-
- Adhere to the wash care symbols! They have been specifically put there to help you treat the garment right.
- Accordingly, set the water temperature, fill a sink or a tub and add a mild/ gentle detergent to it.
- Stir the water so that the detergent doesn’t settle down and gets evenly distributed.
- Submerge the lingerie in the soapy water. Swish around gently to loosen any dirt and let it soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse them thoroughly under cold water to ensure no soap suds are left behind.
- Squeeze the water out gently(DO NOT wring it out like a mop). Reshape the fabric and dry it flat.
- Learn the proper laundry technique if hand washing is out of question:
We get it! Life keeps getting busier, and you can’t be bothered to add another task to the ever-growing to-do list. Here’s a secret- As much as it’s advisable to hand wash the lingerie, it is unlikely that it will implode into ashes if you put them in a washing machine. All you have got to do is use the correct technique.
- Do not chuck them in to get tossed around with heavy clothing items like denim or woollens.
- Avoid stretching out the elastic and the fabric. Clasp the hook of your bra before tossing it in. This protects both the fastener and the garment.
- Use warm water (not hot) on a gentle cycle with your other delicates.
- Add adequate amounts of lingerie wash (we recommend delicate wash) according to the machine and load size.
- Invest in a lingerie wash bag. It softens the blow your delicate garments take from the heavy tumble of the washing machine.
TIP: You can also tie them up in a pillowcase.
- Never ever (x 100) put them in a dryer, especially hosiery:
Your lingerie might withstand a wash in a laundry machine. But the heat from the dryer is one of the worst things you can do to delicate fabrics. It will destroy the elastic, causing the garments to stretch out. Once they lose their shape, they would never mould around your contour the same. And we know how difficult it already is to find that perfect fit. Therefore you must always let it air dry.
- Avoid wearing one piece of lingerie too often:
There’s always that one piece that fits us so well. It accentuates all the right curves and makes us feel real confident. And that has us going back to it all the time. As much as we understand getting your money’s worth, adorning a particular piece of lingerie often can make it wear out too quickly. Give the fabric and the elastic a chance to rest. And under no circumstances wear the same one two days in a row. It’s not only unsanitary but also overworks the delicate stitch of the garment.
- How you store them makes a difference:
The biggest mistake you can make when storing them is folding the cups into one another. This can damage the garment and its wiring. You must always store them in a drawer big enough to lay them down flat without folding them in half. Remember to clasp your bra hooks so that nothing gets caught in them.
There you have it! If you want to make the most out of your expensive lingerie, it’s time to show them a little extra care. You can head over to our Deals by Post website and check out our other blogs. Get your hands on all the information about Women’s Lingerie Online. OR Check out our collection and Buy Sexy Panties, bras and lingerie at affordable prices.